Tickets are available for Friday’s Leadercast event at Crossroads Arena with big names such as Archbishop Desmond Tutu and Malcolm Gladwell. Among others, they will appear by video transmission on a giant HD screen on the arena stage.
“Regardless of where you’re at in your leadership journey, this conference has something to offer,” said organizer Brent McCarty.
He is an employee of Caterpillar, which is hosting the event with Kimberly Clark and Magnolia Regional Health Center. It is the first year that Corinth is a participating site in the annual simulcast, which will be broadcast from Atlanta to hundreds of locations.
Caterpillar had a large group attend last year’s event in Oxford.
“We decided this would be really good for the community, from youth to leaders within industries and private businesses,” said McCarty.
A number of free tickets are being distributed to students in Alcorn and McNairy counties.
The lineup of speakers includes:
• Andy Stanley — Leadership author and communicator
• Archbishop Desmond Tutu — Nobel laureate and human rights activist appearing live from Cape Town, South Africa
• Malcolm Gladwell — Journalist and author of “The Tipping Point” and “Outliers”
• Randall Wallace — A screenwriter (“Braveheart”), director (“Secretariat”), producer and songwriter
• Bill McDermott — CEO of SAP (a software company)
• Laura Schroff — Former ad sales executive and author of “An Invisible Thread”
• Dr. Henry Cloud — Clinical psychologist and leadership consultant
• Simon Sinek — Author of “Start with Why” and leadership expert
• Laura Bush — The former first lady
Registration begins at 7 a.m., and the first session begins at 8 a.m. The event is scheduled to run through 3:30 p.m., and breakfast and lunch are provided.
Tickets cost $50 and may be purchased on-line or at the event, but numbers are limited.
Visit leadercast.com/location/northeastmississippi for tickets.