Seven students were approved for transfer from Alcorn School District to Corinth School District.
One student was tabled until the next meeting. The student’s leave request hinges on the hiring of Cliff Little for Biggersville High School girls basketball coach.
Three other students were approved to transfer to two other school districts outside the area. One student will transfer to North Tippah School District, while one pair of sibling students will transfer to South Tippah School District.
The two sibling students are transferring due to the district’s lack of offering students a Dyslexia program.
Eight teachers from the district recently attended a two-day Dyslexia training event. Schools in the district will soon be able to offer Dyslexia programs on campus.
In other board news:
• Two students were approved for in-district transfers.
A current Biggersville High School student will be transferred to Kossuth Middle School, while a second student will be transferred from Alcorn Central Middle School to Kossuth Middle School.
One student was approved to enter the Alcorn School District. The student will leave the McNairy County School District to attend Rienzi Elementary School.
• A few changes were made concerning bus drivers due to state requirements.
Assistant principals at schools are no longer allowed to drive a bus. The assistant principal is required to stay on campus until at least 3:30 p.m., due to safety concerns.
• Approval from the board was given to Superintendent Gina Rogers Smith’s recommendation for all 2014-15 coaches/directors for football, basketball, softball, baseball, volleyball and band to not receive extended days pay on their teaching contracts.
Those positions will be paid based on a supplement that was increased to cover the extended days.
• The board accepted the quote from Paul Fisher Oil Company for gasoline and diesel fuel for the 2014-15 school year. The company was the only bidder.
• Board members approved the job description created for a district network administrator. The job was scheduled to be posted this week.
• The board approved the use of the Biggersville High School gym to be used by an independent girls basketball team. The team will use the gym for practice, two nights per week during the months of June and July.
The team will provide their own insurance.
• The board approved eight fundraisers for four schools in the district including a summer golf tournament at Shiloh Ridge hosted by the Kossuth High School baseball team.
Other fundraisers set for the upcoming months include a car wash held by the Alcorn Central High School volleyball team and Cow Bingo held by the KHS baseball booster club.
• The board accepted seven donations to schools in the district.
Those donations include $689.80 to Alcorn Central Elementary School for supplies from Box Tops for Education, $794.05 to ACES for supplies from PTC, $500 to Alcorn Central Middle School for sound equipment for the gym from Wal-Mart, $625 to ACMS for a mural project from the Clorox Company, $625 to ACMS for a science project from the Clorox Company, $1,000 to ACMS for a beautification project for the campus from Kimberly Clark and $1,000 to Kossuth High School band for band equipment from Kimberly Clark.
The next meeting is scheduled for 5 p.m. on June 30 at the district office on Manpower Road.