Wilbanks’ last day on the job is scheduled for June 30. He has been the city’s code enforcement officer since October 2013.
During the meeting, the board discussed some of the duties of the code enforcer:
• Read and maintain 21 pump stations each week. Report inconsistencies in usage.
• Assist with repairs at city hall.
• Provide transportation of trustee to and form city hall.
• Assist with installation of lighted stars on power poles during Christmas season.
• Assist with city’s canned food drive during Christmas season.
• Maintain appearance and service of code enforcer vehicle.
• Attend board meetings.
• Be “on call” for all vicious or stray dog calls in Farmington and Alcorn County.
• Assist with Farmington Water Department hang tags when needed.
• Respond to property ordinance calls.
Alderman Johnny Potts said the city will advertise the job position in the coming weeks.